February 29, 2024
About Our Company
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit, unified adult cancer care and research center that is clinically integrated with UW Medicine, a world leader in clinical care, research and learning. The first National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in the Pacific Northwest, Fred Hutch’s global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy, and COVID-19 vaccines has confirmed our reputation as one of the world’s leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy, and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures for the world’s deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Business Analyst is responsible for the design, development, testing, maintenance and support of business analytics and reporting solutions that support the Chief Operating Officer’s (COO) organization. As a critical member of the Administrative Operations team, the Business Analyst will develop tools and processes to monitor the health and gain business insights across the organization to enable better-informed decisions, drive action, and ensure effective and efficient operations. Key functions will include developing reports and visualizations using Tableau or other tools, improving data quality, designing basic databases, problem solving, data collection, retrieval, and analysis to promote fiscally sound decisions and identification of initiatives and improvement opportunities to achieve organizational goals.
- Design and maintain data management systems that efficiently and effectively enables leadership reporting of organizational performance, supports strategic planning, and drives action toward high performance.
- Develop and implement comprehensive tools and strategies across the whole COO organization that allow data to be transformed into business insights.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, modeling, visualization, and communication deliverables.
- Source data from disparate data sources to assemble complete data solutions related to KPIs, strategic initiatives, goals, and budget matters.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Promoting and enabling an environment of greater data literacy and driving data-forward culture among business partners and broadly across the organization.
- Confer with business and technical partners, perform data analysis, identify data quality issues and dependencies, develop data model, report specifications, document data repositories and relationships.
- Prepare, audit, and automate reports to deliver data to key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement tools and processes to regularly monitor and improve data quality and accuracy, while ensuring the sustainability and adaptability of developed data solutions
- Performs analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Leads cross-functional teams to solve complex business or systems issues.
- Provide user support and training on new applications.
- Manage projects, define, document, and maintain business processes associated with organizational data, dependencies, documents, and information.
- Responsible for the quality, retention and reuse of information, data, and documents.
- Create and maintain communication channels to highlight organization data, documentation, and information.
- Analyze, test, and implement existing or new vendor software solutions that fulfill business needs or improve existing processes. Work with vendors regarding functionality needs, coordinate implementation of new software and upgrades with IT, update processes and communicate changes to department and other stakeholders.
- Improve efficiency of processes and software through understanding the existing processes or business requirements, collect and analyze data, recommend alternative solutions, and implement best solution; document the necessary business processes and technical requirements.
- Work with leadership to determine strategic, financial, and procedural reporting needs. Develop moderately complex to complex reports through use of various tools and software.
- Performs high level, complex special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience in an analyst, technical, or business role in an information technology (IT) environment
- 5+ years of experience as a technology focused business or functional analyst
- Technology related degree or certification from a recognized academic institution and/or directly equivalent IT work experience
- Experience in working with Microsoft SQL Server and related Microsoft SQL products
- Experience working with Tableau
- Strong skills in analyzing relational data and problem solving
- Strong initiative, ability to identify optimization opportunities and embrace a continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proven hands-on experience deploying and maintaining complex, custom, multi-tiered application systems
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards and best practices for business analysts at all stages of the implementation life cycle
- Superior organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis functions including business process mapping
- Proven ability to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and principles to evaluate and address business issues/opportunities and to meet the business technical needs of the department/division
- Demonstrated ability to understand and adapt to the changing business environment and to develop solutions to meet changing needs
- Demonstrate mastery of consultative, project management, and change management skills
- Demonstrate an independent work initiative, attention to detail, sound judgment, diplomacy, and a professional demeanor
- Previous data management experience preferred
- Some knowledge of the biological or biomedical sciences desired
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception.
What we offer
The annual base salary range for this position is from $101,359 to $160,213, and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).