Since 1979, Honda of America Manufacturing has been committed to building quality products for our customers and quality communities where our associates live and work.
Based upon a philosophy of respecting each individual, we have built a culture of involvement and creativity that harnesses the collective power of each and every team member.
About This Position
- Customer Experience (CX) department is working to build customer loyalty by improving customer satisfaction and creating promoters. We will transform the customer experience across all channels and improve associate & dealer experience through the improvement of systems, processes, and capabilities. We honor customer preferences, offer a personal touch, and value each interaction as a brand-appropriate relationship-building opportunity.
- The Business Analyst will lead initiatives to scale up and achieve ROI from digital systems and will oversee and coordinate the production support and enhancement of a large, enterprise-wide product or large group of products.
- This role will be a key team member on an Agile Product Team within the CX Department. Responsibilities include: working in a product (scrum) team, completing business and some technical analysis supporting key initiatives, building business cases, recommending and implementing business processes and/or system solutions, gathering and documenting user stories & acceptance criteria, leading or contributing to ideation sessions, conduct UAT, support release management at all stages, provide user support, create and run reports/dashboards, prepare and deliver user training, and develop communication materials for a variety of stakeholders.
- This position requires extensive collaboration with AHM associates, IT, consultants, contingent workforce, and vendors.
Advanced agile development cycle for large products or groups of products
- Responsible for product documentation such as user stories, use cases, process flows, and business requirements.
- Participate in Agile development processes including backlog management, sprint planning, and demos.
- Partner with the Project Teams to align the production support processes for implemented Salesforce projects. Lead regression testing and production validation to ensure production systems maintain their performance.
- Lead the gathering, analysis, and documentation of business requirements for our software products.
- Ensure a harmonious flow of work among multiple business and IT teams.
- Collaborate with developer teams during the design and development phases.
Lead continuous improvement efforts
- Recommend solutions based on market research and analysis to identify consumer trends and user needs.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements, new features, and functionality.
- As AHM launches projects or business initiatives, ensure your designated Product stays current and drives value. Serves as product SME and translates product knowledge to customer/dealer needs.
- Create compelling cases to advocate for products and influence business decisions.
Communication and change management
- Leads and facilitates the gathering, analysis, and documentation of business requirements for our software products.
- Serves as product SME: communicates with stakeholders to ensure alignment of product roadmap and business goals.
- Conducts change impact analysis and creates change management communication & training plans based on the product owner’s direction.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of how the organization works. Guides vendors who support products to monitor vendor performance.
- Provide support on issues and questions from stakeholders who may include corporate and field sales leaders, district sales managers, customers, and AHM dealers along with corporate web property owners and other IT or business personnel.
For business analysts with Direct Reports
Supervise work and performance. Lead, coach, and ensure performance growth and development.
Required Work Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis or Product Management.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and software development lifecycle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience in a team environment and the ability to interface with all levels of management needed.
- Skillful questioner – can elicit information and requirements from a broad group of stakeholders.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management processes and systems. The automotive industry is a bonus.
- Two or more years of experience in system-oriented work in products or production support.
- Salesforce experience is highly valued.
- Experience with SFDC (core products: Service Cloud, Sales Cloud).
- Ability to coordinate multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical, organizational, and project coordination skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers as well as non-technical and technical personnel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled at questioning, using evidence to persuade.
- Ability to manage complex initiatives with multiple elements and stakeholders.
- Ability to gather/refine complex business requirements, recommend or make decisions on business requirements/interdependencies.
- Ability to present complex positions and strategies for business decisions, processes, and plans.
- Ability to work effectively with AHM staff, IT staff, 3rd party vendor staff.
- Ability to interact with other Honda company personnel, build strong relationships at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and understand business imperatives.
- Ability to coach and manage performance (if managing direct report(s))
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent professional experience supported by subject matter training.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Curious, questioning skills to gain understanding and build support.
- Adaptable with a proven track record of growing responsibilities.
- Automotive / Auto Dealership experience a plus.
- Experience working with consumer-facing software products.
- Working knowledge of JIRA or similar systems.
- Experience with CRM systems a plus.
- Experience with using Net Promoter Score (or customer satisfaction) data to identify opportunities & measure continuous improvement a plus.
What differentiates Honda and makes us an employer of choice?
- Competitive base salary, $79,700 -$119,600
- Pay will be based on several variables that include, but are not limited to geographic location, work experience, education, etc.
- Annual Bonus
- Industry-leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, and personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks on-site