December 3, 2023
About Our Company
At Rochester Institute of Technology, we shape the future and improve the world through creativity and innovation. As an engaged, intellectually curious, and socially conscious community, we leverage the power of technology, the arts, and design for the greater good.
Founded in 1829, Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Beyond our main campus in Rochester, New York, RIT has international campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo. And with over 19,000 students and more than 135,000 graduates from 49 states and over 100 nations, RIT is driving progress in industries and communities around the world. At RIT, we are always on to something amazing.
Job Description & Responsibilities
RIT’s Facilities Management Services (FMS) department is looking for a dynamic Business Analyst to join the FMS Information Services team. We value and care about our team members and are committed to your well-being. As part of the team, you are eligible for RIT's comprehensive and competitive benefits program that adds generously to your total compensation. Some of those benefits include medical/dental/vision, sick and vacation time, retirement, financial planning resources, educational benefits for you and your dependents, employee wellness program, and free use of on-site fitness facilities. Additionally, you will be eligible for professional development and cross-training opportunities that support your career growth.
The FMS Business Analyst has responsibility for investigation, development, implementation, and execution of business process and technology efforts that enhance the operations of Facilities Management Services. Serves as a liaison between Facilities Management Services (FMS) and the Information &Technology Services (ITS) department to provide systems support and analysis and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of FMS and users of FMS information systems throughout the University. They work with all levels of FMS staff in assessing needs for various business functions. This position acts as the FMS lead on cross-functional teams to provide FMS perspective and ensure FMS needs are met. They are responsible to provide project oversight from design through implementation.
- Consult with end users to determine how to leverage technology to improve business processes. Gathers, analyzes, maps, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, and interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls and reporting for low to moderately complex project. Support implementation of businesses and/or technology solutions by mapping workflows for current and future state, working in close collaboration with FMS team members, as well as, ITS staff, end-users and service providers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Space/AutoCAD system. Research, evaluate, and implement emerging marketplace technologies that will enhance or improve organizational efficiencies and effectiveness. Make recommendations to FMS leadership on potential adoption opportunities. Act as a liaison between end users and FMS, ITS, and vendor on systems and business concerns.
- Design, develop, analyze, and implement business/technology workflows, implementation plans, user acceptance, and testing cases and plans for the various software systems FMS utilizes.
- Collaborate with FMS staff to provide ongoing training for end-users. Author knowledge articles and develop training materials for Space/AutoCAD system, and for other FMS systems as needed.
- Create reports and functional dashboards that will monitor efficiency of the FMS systems, providing actionable information to decision-makers. Defines data and methodologies for creation of original dashboards. Critically synthesizes and analyzes data to make recommendations to improve business processes. Analyze business use cases that highlight opportunities for streamlining business operations and enhancing customer service.
- Provide backup support for other FMS technology systems.
- Actively review, enhance, update and maintain the portion of the FMS website that pertains to the FMS system for which they are a subject matter expert, with a key focus on enhancing the end-user experience, in close collaboration with ITS.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus 0 to 1 year experience or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Project Management Information Systems, IT, or related discipline.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills. Actively seeks alternative ways to conduct business.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems operations and computer systems analysis. Strong IT application testing skills for stand-alone and integrated applications. Strong working knowledge of and experience in utilizing and creating databases and spreadsheets.
- Microsoft Office products, modern collaboration tools such as Slack, OneNote and Google Docs.
- Competence with business analysis techniques such as business flows, storyboarding and use cases.
- Experience with project management and application development initiatives. Ability to lead projects from conception to implementation.
- Actively seeks others perspectives to ensure inclusiveness and actively listens, provides constructive feedback and demonstrates respect for differing views; tailors communication to diverse audiences; and addresses conflict constructively, with the intention of seeking a mutually beneficial resolution.
- Ability to train multiple constituencies, as well as develop and maintain effective working relationships with them.
- Must be creative and have strong collaboration skills, yet capable of functioning autonomously, exercising sound professional judgment.
- Experience in Facilities Management or Higher Education
- Basic knowledge and use of AutoCAD
What we offer
In compliance with NYS's Pay Transparency Act, the salary range for this position is listed above. Rochester Institute of Technology considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
Salary range: $45,700 - $76,500 per year