February 29, 2024
About Our Company
Stanford is a place of discovery, creativity and innovation located in the San Francisco Bay Area on the ancestral land of the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe. Dedicated to our founding mission—benefitting society through research and education—we are working toward a sustainable future, accelerating the impact of research with external partners, catalyzing discoveries about ourselves and our world, and educating students as global citizens. Our main campus, which welcomed its first class in 1891, is now home to 650+ student organizations, 36 varsity athletic teams, 20 libraries, 20 living Nobel laureates, 18 interdisciplinary research institutes, seven schools, and a vibrant arts scene. More than 9,000 graduate students and 7,000 undergraduates pursue studies at Stanford each year. Our financial aid program, one of the most generous in the nation, makes it possible for any admitted undergraduate to attend without taking on student debt.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This is a one-year fixed term position
Work with ServiceNow team to specify requirements and/or design solutions for business information systems and incorporate new technical systems to improve workflow, production, efficiency, and effectiveness. A strong internal candidate has been identified for this position.
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with the feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use, and user needs
- Assist in developing workflow documentation and wireframes and help translate requirements to user stories
- Coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls
- Define and document test scripts for user acceptance testing and coordinate user acceptance sign-off
- Perform testing of new ServiceNow development, upgrades, and patching
- May assist with supporting the ServiceNow platform through problem analysis, building or updating catalog items, support request forms, or ServiceNow reports
- May develop instructional materials, training and job aids in the form of Knowledge Base Articles
Minimum Education And Experience Required
Bachelor's degree and three years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required
- Familiarity with ServiceNow capabilities, business processes, and workflow
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database-driven applications
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle and knowledge of Agile/Scrum concepts
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs
- Listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain good customer relations with clients and external vendors and partners.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), write by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodations to any employee with a disability who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May require extended hours and weekends
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates a commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
What we offer
The expected pay range for this position is $70,000 to $103,000 per annum. Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, geographic location and external market pay for comparable jobs