September 7, 2023
About Our Company
Moving America Where it wants to go.
We are not just a railroad; we are a company that moves people. With 21,000 route miles in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian provinces, Amtrak operates more than 300 trains each day – at speeds up to 150 mph – to more than 500 destinations. We move customers where they want to go by responding to their wants and needs. And by doing so, we connect communities, economies and families that make our nation great.
We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the Unites States. Our mission is to provide safe transportation in the most efficient way possible, while ensuring that our customers get a consistent, high quality experience. Carrying out this mission, and ultimately achieving our vision, hinges on our employees.
The future rides with us.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The primary focus of the Automotive Business Associate will be support of the Automotive department. This will include but not limited to change requests, communicating, and supporting internal Amtrak employees with Automotive business functions. Meeting stated goals, contributing to a safer fleet, a more environmentally aware fleet; providing best practices and data driven guidance to Amtrak, furthering its ability to efficiently manage the automotive fleet.
- Support with daily Automotive functions within the Automotive department
- Use various IT interfaces to provide support to the Automotive processes, policies, and procedures
- Supports daily activities associated to Departmental goals and initiatives
- Ability to process change requests in programs and platforms
- Support or manage projects and other departmental goals as required
- Scope of responsibility to include all vehicles, system-wide @ Amtrak
- Utilizes proficiency in the Amtrak/ Supplier and Automotive systems to provide fleet support to the Automotive Department processes.
- Create/provide reports to improve fleet safety and financial improvements for Amtrak fleet management.
- Provide day-to-day support to intra-department employees and managers for required program and Automotive policy requirements.
- Manage automotive department projects and initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering, or related field required, or equivalent combination of training, education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Effectively works under a matrix management structure.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively in writing and verbally with all levels of the company and with suppliers
- Data entry with high attention to details
- Proficiency in business acumen, financial and analytical acumen, written and verbal communication, presentation skills, and implementation and execution.
- Self-starter with good analytical skills and common sense to problem solving.
- Demonstrate ability to learn new tasks in order to maintain effectiveness in position.
- Must be detailed oriented and disciplined to ensure timely results and responses from end users
- Automotive fleet management experience
- Microsoft Applications certification
- Salesforce application/program experience
- Data analysis and working with large data sets to achieve objectives
- Constantly or frequently uses a telephone, computer keyboard, monitor and mouse to perform a variety of tasks.
- Constantly or frequently sits, stands, walks, and may lift, carry, push, or pull objects of various weights; may reach, kneel, crouch, bend, or twist in order to in order to perform administrative tasks (e.g., filing, retrieving materials from desks and bookcases, moving around an office setting).
- Be able to lift 50 pounds safely.
- Prolonged sitting/driving in company vehicles- traveling to sites / locations
- Able to stay focused on details to ensure accurate data entry often reading data from paper forms to enter into systems
- Constantly communicates, comprehends, and responds to verbal statements and instructions, both orally and in writing.
- Frequently acquires new knowledge, skills, and tasks, both complex and simple, in order to maintain effectiveness in position.
- Frequently resolves problems with conflicting priorities in cognitively demanding situations.
- Frequently reads and analyzes hard copy and or computer screen material and writes reports as appropriate.
- Conducts in person and/or telephone dialogues as appropriate in order to manage and conduct the flow of work.
- Works in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Frequently handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- Works Daily in Microsoft Suite / SAP / Ariba /Salesforce/Maximo
Communications And Interpersonal Skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
What we offer
The salary range is $62,830 - $81,430, Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, internal equity, etc. Depending on an employee’s assigned worksite or location, Amtrak may consider a geo-pay differential to be applied to the employee’s base salary. Amtrak may offer additional incentive and pay programs to recognize and reward our employees, including a short-term incentive bonus based upon factors such as individual and company performance that is commensurate with the level of the position and/or long-term incentive plan compensation. In addition to your salary, Amtrak offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, and vision plans; health savings accounts; wellness programs; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with employer match; life insurance; short and long term disability insurance; paid time off; back-up care; adoption assistance; surrogacy assistance; reimbursement of education expenses; Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility; Railroad Retirement sickness and retirement benefits; and rail pass privileges.