February 29, 2024
About Our Company
R1 is a leading provider of technology-driven solutions that transform the patient experience and financial performance of healthcare providers
R1’s proven and scalable operating models seamlessly complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Business Analyst is a conduit between R1’s business users, customers, and R1’s data developers. This position gathers requirements with Product Owners, supports Solutions Architects to identify solution patterns, completes target to source mapping to support development of data pipelines, develops and executes data quality assurance methodologies, collaborates with Data Stewards to document and enforce Data Governance, and supports business stakeholders in troubleshooting data issues.
This position is a subject matter expert of R1’s Data Acceleration Architecture, a cloud-based framework for flexible, consistent client data acquisition. This person must also be a subject matter expert of R1’s business processes. This is a customer facing position.
- Prepare complex deliverables in Excel spreadsheets in a consistent and reusable format
- Complete target to source mappings, supporting the development of data pipelines
- Work with large datasets in various formats and perform data integrity/QA/reconciliationfor client patient accounting systems
- Engage team members in identifying and troubleshooting process or system related issues
- Work with internal customers to deliver accurate analysis and interpretation of data
- Meet routine deadlines and work schedules as well as timely and accurate completion of special projects and any other duties as assigned.
- Understand, support, enforce and comply with company policies, procedures and Standards of Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Ideally 2+ years of healthcare operations experience
- Ideally 2+ years of data analysis experience, including gathering requirements from internal partners
- Experience with Revenue Cycle Management is required
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Desire and motivation to continually learn, building technical skills and programming abilities.
- Excellent communications and strong commitment for delivering the highest level of service
- Advanced Excel skillset required (Import/Export data, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF, VBA Macros, etc.)
- Experience with SQL required
- Experience analyzing raw data files required
- Understanding of cloud-based data systems such as Snowflake or Databricks, a plus
- Understanding of on-prem data systems such as MS SQL Server or PostgreSQL, a plus
- Understanding of data integration tools such as SSIS, ADF, or Talend, a plus (nice to have)
- Understanding of healthcare interface technologies such as HL7 and X12 EDI, a plus
- Experience with source control, a plus
General Business Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results on schedule
- Experience collaborating directly with customers, vendors, and business partners for requirements gathering and report delivery
- Experience with Agile/Scrum product development cycle using Jira, a plus
What we offer
For this US-based position, the base pay range is $46,971.35 - $74,607.00. Individual pay is determined by role, level, location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Learn More About Benefits At R1
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave