December 3, 2023
About Our Company
Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research any type of collectible - from sports cards, coins, video game, and pokemon cards. Collectors is embarking on a radical digitalization and modernization, using our industry leading services as the foundation and the creativity of our employees to sculpt our future.
The Collectors family of companies includes PSA, the leader in third-party authentication and grading for trading cards; PCGS, the leader in third-party authentication and grading for coins; WATA, the leader in third-party authentication and grading for video games; CardLadder, comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards; Goldin Auctions, the leading marketplace for trading cards, collectibles, and memorabilia, serving millions of customers globally.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are hiring a Business + Data Analyst to join PSA, and work directly with our autograph and memorabilia division, PSA/DNA, as well as support our authentication grading businesses for Tickets and Unopened Packs. This is a high impact role that will have exposure to senior management, executive leadership, and all aspects of the business operations. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker with a bias for action, and is equal parts analytical, strategic, and entrepreneurial. Intellectual curiosity is a must, working with large quantities of data and financial statements is critical, and experience interpreting data and creating reports, dashboards and other visualizations to inform business decisions is a bonus. .
This role will report to the General Manager, PSA/DNA, Tickets and Packs. The ideal candidate will be local to either our Santa Ana, CA or Jersey City, NJ headquarters with a hybrid work schedule of 3 days onsite per week.
What You’ll Do
- Develop quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform operational initiatives including pricing, unit economics, and more
- Analyze and interpret large volumes of data to help inform and communicate business strategy
- Create weekly / monthly reports, dashboards, financial analysis and presentations for leadership team to drive business decisions
- Evaluate new business opportunities from a strategic and financial perspective
- Work cross-functionally with key business partners in operations, sales, product and tech, finance to design and implement new processes and initiatives
- Conduct research on market trends, the competitive landscape, and new technologies / market entrants
Who You Are
- 2+ years of experience in a highly analytical role (venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, corporate strategy, etc.)
- 1+ year in a field related to Business Analysis / Data Analysis
- Strong financial acumen; experienced in financial modeling and unit economic analyses; experience in legal documentation / negotiation a bonus
- Extremely detail-oriented and can explain large amounts of information in a simple, organized manner
- Familiarity with Tableau, Lightdash and other BI systems and tools
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to use the Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and natural problem solver that excels in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Capable of simplifying complex problems and coming up with creative solutions
- Intellectually curious and excited to personally grow and learn
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $82,743-$134,336. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off.
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities