December 10, 2023
About Our Company
BioSpace serves as the leading online source for biotechnology jobs, breaking industry news and expert analysis. BioSpace has accelerated recruitment, communication and discovery among business and scientific leaders within the life sciences for more than 30 years.
Job Description & Responsibilities
BMS, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology. We are committed to being at the forefront of transforming the way medicine is made and delivered by harnessing the power of computer and data science, artificial intelligence, and other technologies to promote scientific discovery, faster decision making, and enhanced patient care. We are looking for a Business Analyst who has key business analysis skills, and an agile and growth mindset as well as a good knowledge of Biologics Discovery and methods used in pharmaceutical Research and Development. We seek a business analyst to join our Redwood City, CA team to partner with the Discovery Biotherapeutics business to translate their scientific aspirations into modern technology solutions in order to bring important novel medicines to patients faster.
If you want an exciting and rewarding career that is meaningful, consider joining our diverse team!
Desired Candidate Characteristics
- Have a strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion for healthcare
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and commitment to deliver the best user experience and adoption
- Able to collaborate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and inquisitive nature to ask questions, offer bold ideas and challenge the status quo
- Agility to learn new tools and processes
- Develop solid business cases to drive value creation through alignment to business objectives and priorities, business process analysis, and information flow analysis.
- Elicit and translate complex business requirements into technical artifacts including user stories, wireframes, prototypes, information flow diagrams and process maps.
- Work with stakeholders to identify qualitative improvements and articulate quantitative benefits of implementing solutions.
- Facilitate business process change within the relevant divisions and functions. Develop strong collaborative relationships with IT colleagues across Bristol-Myers Squibb Information Technology to ensure delivered solutions and services can be appropriately leveraged and value realized.
Qualifications & Experience
- BS Degree in life science or computer science.
- Must have experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry and an understanding of the drug development and research process.
- Must have a proven track-record of 1+ years working in large and/or complex IT programs or in Lab data management role, preferably within the pharmaceutical R&D domain.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and define business processes is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key business analysis skills, including business architecture, business process management, and business intelligence.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate and collaborate with employees and management at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated experience defining and measuring business outcomes.
- Proven experience working with agile principles.
- Knowledge and experience of Business process modelling and process optimization skills
- Demonstrated pattern of continuous learning and professional growth
- Knowledge/experience/interest in learning and/or applying AI/ML to drug discovery
- Development or end-user experience with various industry-standard applications such as: GraphPad Prism, Genedata, Dotmatics, LIMS, and/or Spotfire, Geneious.
- Familiarity/experience with scripting language (Python, R, etc.) and scientific instrumentations/ methods (Lab Automation, Biacore, LCMS, Protein Purification methods etc.).
What we offer
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $97,000 $123,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility). The starting pay takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed. Final, individual compensation is decided basedon demonstrated experience. For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Careers site. Eligibility forspecific benefits listed in our careers site may vary based on the job and location.