Signet Jewelers is the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry and the largest specialty jewelry retailer in the US, UK and Canada. Signet operates approximately 2,800 stores primarily under the name brands of Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, Banter by Piercing Pagoda, Diamonds Direct, Blue Nile, JamesAllen.com, Rocksbox, Peoples Jewellers, H.Samuel and Ernest Jones.
Signet Jewelers is a people-first company. This core value is at the heart of everything we do, from empowering our valued team members, to collaborating with our customers, to fostering the communities in which we live and serve. People – and the love their actions inspire – are what drive us.
We’re not only proud of the love we inspire outside our walls, we’re especially proud of the diversity, equity and inclusion we’re inspiring inside. Signet is Great Place to Work-Certified™ and, for the fifth consecutive year, we are one of a limited number of retailers –the only specialty jewelry retailer – named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for our efforts to advance women in the workplace.
The Analyst is responsible for requirement gathering, business process design, development of use cases, testing and postproduction support of business applications for Merchandising, Distribution and Manufacturing.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Strategy & Planning
- Determine business functional requirements through a variety of interviewing and facilitation techniques.
- Collaborate with other Solution Delivery/Infrastructure teams to develop solutions that meet the requirements given by the business.
- Develop knowledge in the change request process.
- Grow knowledge of best practices and market trends.
- Produce/maintain project deliverables including entity model diagrams, detailed requirement and design specifications, test cases, and project plans.
- Communicate project scope, open items, and issues / risks to the project team.
- Maintain accurate information in the standard project tracking tools and project documentation.
- Perform unit and systems testing.
- Enforce standards and methodologies that pertain to quality, consistency, and accuracy of project design, development, testing and implementation.
- Participate in technical walkthroughs to validate design.
- Manage system support to identify, track and resolve system issues with users, technical resources, and vendors.
- Assist in training and the support of end-users on developed applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Certifications a plus.
Years of Job-Related Experience Required: 5+ years related experience.
Technical/Other Skills Required:
- Proven experience in gathering and documenting requirements.
- Experience in development of business process workflows.
- Proficiency in creating and executing test cases.
- Experience with API testing using Postman tool (experience with another tool will be consider)
- Experience in creating ServiceNow tickets and troubleshooting issues across teams.
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries and performing data analysis.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle.
Experience with the following:
- PL/SQL Developer
- Lucid Chart/Visio
- Microsoft 365 (including Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Listening, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical information into understandable terms to a variety of audiences.
- Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth, and development of technical, interpersonal, and business skills; able to recognize and address areas needing improvement.
- Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
- Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
- Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Competitive healthcare, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching after one year of employment
- Generous time off + company holidays
- Merchandise discount
- Learning & Development programs
- Much more!
The salary range for this opportunity is $74,000 – $124,000. Base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job related knowledge, skills and experience, among other factors.