About Our Company
Stanford is a place of discovery, creativity and innovation located in the San Francisco Bay Area on the ancestral land of the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe. Dedicated to our founding mission—benefitting society through research and education—we are working toward a sustainable future, accelerating the impact of research with external partners, catalyzing discoveries about ourselves and our world, and educating students as global citizens. Our main campus, which welcomed its first class in 1891, is now home to 650+ student organizations, 36 varsity athletic teams, 20 libraries, 20 living Nobel laureates, 18 interdisciplinary research institutes, seven schools, and a vibrant arts scene. More than 9,000 graduate students and 7,000 undergraduates pursue studies at Stanford each year. Our financial aid program, one of the most generous in the nation, makes it possible for any admitted undergraduate to attend without taking on student debt.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The External Relations department of the Stanford Graduate School of Business seeks a Business Analyst. The analyst will work under limited supervision to perform moderately complex project and analysis of alumni engagement and giving data in support of GSB External Relations in a wide range of business intelligence activities that ensure the uniformity, accuracy, and semantic consistency of enterprise data through the application of effective data management, security, stewardship, and governance processes. The analyst will operate as a key member of the Alumni Information Systems and Communications team, which is charged with providing technology, procedural, and reporting solutions for all of GSB External Relations. The role also acts as a steward for alumni biographical data, ensuring information privacy and data security measures are understood and enforced.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and strategy of GSB External Relations during an exciting time in the university’s development.
Your Primary Responsibilities Include
- Perform assigned activities involving information systems, query and reporting, analytical processing, data profiling, statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining.
- Develop insightful business intelligence reports (KPIs, metrics, ad hoc queries), dashboards, scorecards, continuous monitoring (thresholds), and/or ad hoc analyses. Clean and transform data as required to deliver actionable information.
- Act as a product owner for all business intelligence dashboards, ensuring data integrity and training resource development for users
- Collaborate with application developers, end users, vendors, and management to ensure the creation and delivery of business intelligence solutions.
- Facilitate working sessions with central and distributed end users and management to identify and document current information flows, data models, reporting systems, user populations, and coordinate with current and future initiatives impacting reporting.
- Build a governance structure and training for staff that ensure compliance with all data security and information privacy protocols throughout operations of GSB External Relations
- Use reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and eliminate root cause for a range of complex data problems (e.g.: input errors or inadequate field edits), and recommend possible solutions and communicate their organizational impact.
- Perform fit-gap analysis comparing existing reporting solutions with BI strategy and assess compliance with best practices and established standards.
- Investigate technology solutions for key business processes, with particularly emphasis on project management tools that can be used to facilitate inter-office collaboration
- Participate in user acceptance testing of new BI analysis and reporting systems, upgrades, enhancements and change requests; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
To Be Successful In This Position, You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree and three years relevant experience or a combination of education and experience.Strong analytical skills to review and assess complex financial information; Experience building and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Comfort with technology and data management.
- Demonstrated experience in management of projects, including project planning, scheduling, tracking, and budgeting.
- Strong communication skills to effectively educate internal and external audiences.
In Addition, Preferred Requirements Include
- Functional experience in financial analysis, operations, program management, or customer service is desirable.
- Experience in fundraising operations or higher education is desirable.
What we offer
The expected pay range for this position is $90,000 to $141,000 per year.