December 3, 2023
About Our Company
Lone Star College enrolls over 80,000 students each semester providing high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. LSC is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and has been named a 2022 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education. LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Business Analyst I designs, delivers, and maintains moderately complex business systems and application process solutions. Applies project management methodology. Develops expertise in at least one business area. Delivers enhancements and contributes to small- scale technology projects. A member of a 24/7/365 global department and availability of on-call and after-hour support.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies business systems solution requirements by interviewing clients, a nalyzes work processes and operations, establishing solution objectives, and evaluates information systems functionality to determine impact to business operations
- Prepares system analysis estimates by completing cost-benefit-risk assessments
- Designs high quality business systems solutions by identifying and evaluating options; preparing functional specifications and resolving solution issues
- Verifies business systems solutions by creating test plans and scripts; conducting unit and integration testing in conjunction with customers
- Maintains business systems standards by applying tools and processes that are best practice
- Develops expertise in one or several business areas
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by area manager for projects and maintenance
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have solid analysis skills, knowledge of business process review functions, and knowledge of process design and functionality
- Ability to work in cooperation with developers, analysts, managers, and consultants
- Strong problem resolution and troubleshooting skills
- Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of own professional discipline, and an in-depth understanding of the purpose and operations outside own area
- Ability to understand internal and external clients
- Ability to deal with somewhat complex problems that must be broken down into manageable pieces, and the ability to see relationships between problem components
- and prioritizes them
- Ability to utilize knowledge, experience and available resources to find solutions and to participate in development of improvements and help implement change
- Ability to participate in formal or informal group problem solving for immediate issues and to collaborate with team and share relevant information with those who may be affected by decisions
- Ability to convey technical or complex information to others in non- technical terms
- Ability to serve as a mentor/developmental advisor and/or training resource to less experienced staff, providing an example with regard to quantity and quality of work
- Ability to seek opportunities and sets some goals for own development and to develop specific goals for one's own work and to seek out and identify multi-faceted problems and opportunities, taking immediate action to address them
- Ability to recognize immediate obstacles to completing work and initiate action to address a need without being directed
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule And Conditions
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Required to work on-call and after hours as needed and on a rotating schedule
- Travel within LSC campuses/locations may be required
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience with IT/application support and 2 years of experience with data analysis, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft 9.x or greater
- ITIL Foundation Certification or industry recognized equivalent experience
- End-user training experience
- End-user and project support experience
- Experience with PeopleTools 8.5x or greater
What we offer
Hiring salary range is $69,679 - $80,130
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your Resume Should Provide a Complete Picture Of Your Work Experience. The Resume Should Include The Following Information For Each Position Listed
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Level of degree completed including date earned.
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.