February 29, 2024
About Our Company
We strive to transform lives. While the science we advance is constantly evolving, our core purpose is enduring. For more than two centuries, our values have guided us to do what’s right for patients and for society.
We know that changing lives requires us to do things differently. We start by listening to and addressing what really matters to patients, the people who love them, and those in the healthcare system who provide care. And that’s what
inspires us all to be bold, push boundaries and set new standards that open up greater opportunities.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Takeda is advancing an exciting product pipeline and wants to ensure that we have the infrastructure and talent in place to support it. Our overall goal is to get our therapeutics to patients quickly by having the right operational model and integrated clinical data pipeline to support delivery.
As a Business Analyst, you will identify, align, and document business requirements and process improvements and you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by helping to define business priorities for changes and system implementations.
In a typical day you will
- Lead business requirements documentation and alignment for complex system implementations.
- Proactively identify technology solutions and influence business objectives, considering the implications of change for the organization and all stakeholders.
- Solve problems, advise about operational needs, and give expertise on business processes opportunities.
- Lead business requirements documentation and business process mapping
- Advise stakeholders to prioritize requirements and to ensure the total solution delivered to the customer meets/exceeds expectations.
- Execute and integrate small to large-scale changes and requirements in the delivery of projects.
- Provide input into project budgets and reporting within own area.
- Use sophisticated analytical approaches and independent judgment to proactively identify and assist in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Analyze and communicate business requirements and provide business IT consulting support
- Follow company and departmental policies, procedures and ensure documentation according to the Takeda Quality Management Systems (QMS), Software Development Life Cycle and Project Life Cycle standards.
- Work independently with stakeholders to prioritize requirements and is a primary resource on complex issues within a clear framework of accountability.
- Establish relationships with colleagues across Takeda and analyze issues and guide the development of solutions within ongoing processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Highly cross-functional role with broad scope of responsibilities
- High visibility and critical impact on the future of the business
- Familiarity with principles of data modeling and related deliverables (business/technical requirements, data dictionary, entity relationship diagrams)
- Demonstrated experience with analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Excel) and data visualization platforms
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a science discipline or related field
- 5-6 years of pharmaceutical industry or related experience
- 5-6 years of experience in IT design, implementation, and/or analytics platform (data warehouse, ETL/transformations, data hub) support in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong experience in Master Data Management processes and tools
- Experience with Data warehouse and Reporting solutions
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and presentation and project management skills
- Strong data compliance experience with pharmaceutical business knowledge and technical aptitude to define and advance commercial solutions
- Ability to coordinate needs assessments across the commercial organization, and an ability to deliver a comprehensive solution to those needs
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a matrixed environment, and an ability to build solid relationships / make connections across the organization
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and solid business acumen with the ability to manage and provision large datasets to enable business analysis with a high degree of performance and trust
- Ability to articulate complex technical problems and solutions to a wide business audience and communicate solution value
- Must be able to identify operational weakness and implement corrective action/plan
- Experienced in managing projects towards process improvements
- Master’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Scientific Informatics, or related discipline.
- Experience working in R&D and / or Biotech preferred.
- Working knowledge of clinical data systems such as EDC, IRT, Statistical Analysis Environments, CTMS and eTMF
- Experience working with global teams remotely
- Familiarity with change control and SDLC associated with computer system validation processes
- Experience with a BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, Power BI
Location Cambridge, MA or Virtual
What we offer
Base Salary Range $89,100 - $117,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.