December 4, 2023
About Our Company
At WTW (NASDAQ: WTW), we provide data-driven, insight-led solutions in the areas of people, risk and capital. Leveraging the global view and local expertise of our colleagues serving 140 countries and markets, we help you sharpen your strategy, enhance organizational resilience, motivate your workforce and maximize performance.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our growing Technology organization developing a wide range of market-leading InsurTech solutions. You will join us at an exciting time as we evolve our portfolio from desktop/on-premise towards cloud/SaaS, upgrading existing products to new technologies and modern UX, as well as developing brand-new solutions.
As Business Analyst, you will work on a flagship new SaaS product aimed at commercial lines underwriters. You will work with subject matter experts to develop the business requirements, and translate these requirements into meaningful user stories to help shape the product roadmap. You will help to develop product demos for potential clients, and liaise closely with the development team to both explain the requirements and provide feedback on features under development.
Note: Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Work with the Product Management team to understand the relevant market, competitors, end-users and business workflows, and to influence the definition of the product vision and feature-level roadmap
- Collaborate with stakeholders (including internal subject matter experts, end-users and the Product Management team) to elicit and document detailed software requirements, based on the understanding of underwriters' needs, process complexities, and industry-specific nuances.
- Work with the Product Management and Engineering teams to break requirements down to Epic, Feature and User Story level, and then help create and prioritize backlogs
- Work with UX to create personas, user journeys and wireframes, and to understand flows and use cases
- Use the product as an underwriter would to test new functionality
- Help develop and deliver client demos to support the sales process
- Prior experience working in a US commercial lines insurance environment and a good understanding of the role of the underwriter and their day-to-day activities
- Prior experience as a Technical Business Analyst (or similar role) working on complex systems, performing analysis, documenting requirements, epics, features and user stories
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and high-quality standards, whilst being pragmatic and delivering at pace
- At ease working in a team environment, can provide and receive constructive criticism
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
Other desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Formal Business Analyst / Product Owner / Product Management training and accreditations
- Hands-on experience with the production of wireframes (e.g. using Balsamiq)
- Prior software development experience
- Degree-educated with Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant discipline
What we offer
The base salary compensation range being offered for this role is $100,000 - $130,000 USD. This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
WTW provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
- Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
- Leave Benefits: Paid Holidays, Annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state/local paid leave where required), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Other Leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption Leave), Paid Time Off
- Retirement Benefits: Contributory Pension Plan and Savings Plan (401k). All Level 38 and more senior roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of remote, in-person and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution.