Insights you can act on
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. We are insights-driven and outcomes-based to help accelerate returns on your investments. Across 21 industries in 400 locations worldwide, we provide comprehensive, scalable and sustainable IT and business consulting services that are informed globally and delivered locally.
We are looking for a Functional Business Analyst with strong analytical and communication skills to join our Budget System Modernization team and support our client's Software Releases.
The ideal candidate should have understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to be able to assist with testing initiatives, release documents, and other release-related materials to ensure on-time successful delivery.
The candidate should be able to independently learn and become an expert in the clients’ software in order to advise the client on best practices and procedures.
Federal financial management/accounting and/or budgeting experience, as well as knowledge of MS Office Suite, JIRA, SQL, and Confluence, will be highly desirable.
Future duties and responsibilities
- Ability to analyze business/system requirements document and develop test plans to help with testing
- Participate in Agile/scrum planning’s, in daily standup meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews
- Ability to operate cross-functionally throughout the team, including technical and functional team to test systems and reports to ensure smooth development and delivery of releases.
- Ability to perform Regression and End to End testing to ensure the system meets clients' requirements
- Ability to use SQL to retrieve the data from database to perform data validations and testing
- Ability to create and Support UAT guidance
- Ability to Collaborate with team throughout release process
Required Qualifications To Be Successful In This Role
- Our Federal customer requires that all applicants possess US citizenship and be eligible for a SECRET security clearance. An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or related field (or equivalent experience/education)
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong customer service skills. (e.g., Ability and desire to develop and maintain productive client relationships)
- Strong communication skills. (e.g., ability to facilitate trainings to large groups, ability to write comprehensive and clear responses to emails.
- Be detail oriented, flexible, proactive, and multi-task to quickly adapt to changing client priorities and respond to ad hoc requests.
- Proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Office Suite,
- Ability to quickly learn new business process and systems
- Demonstrate critical thinking to analyze issues, evaluate solutions, and ask clarifying questions
- Knowledge of Momentum Suite and JIRA is preferred
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Oracle SQL
- Experience working in an Agile framework and tools
- Experience with software development lifecycle
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $85,000 - $110,000.