August 31, 2023
About Our Company
The Subaru Family, by our definition, goes far beyond our family of products. It includes one of our greatest assets – our employees – as well as our Subaru family of owners, retailers, and business and community partners. We treat each other like family because we are family. Since the early days of the company, we have worked to create a culture where employees are encouraged to be themselves and are supported by everyone around them.
The Subaru Love Promise is our vision to show love and respect to all people at every interaction. We believe that our differences make us stronger. These experiences allow us to learn from each other, offer unique ideas, add value as team members, which ultimately, allows us to grow our business opportunity and personal lives.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Business Analyst (BA), Connected Vehicle, Information Technology is responsible for working with IT team members and business partners to understand and document business needs and functional requirements for connected vehicle (telematics) systems. The BA will produce documentation and communicate functional features, characteristics, and requirements throughout the organization, ensuring that system specifications operate in alignment with business requirements. This position is part of a team that provides services supporting technologies in the US, Canada, and Japan with plans to expand into more international markets in the coming years. This person will support Subaru's objective to bring exceptional digital experiences to our customers.
- Work with team members and business partners to elicit high-level requirements, capture business needs & draft functional requirements documents as well as develop requirements and specifications for system enhancements/fixes in response to identified problems and in support of initiatives and projects
- Develops comprehensive understanding of business processes, define as-is/to-be business models and build strong working rapport with business users.
- Articulates business and functional requirements into deliverables.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) oversight and lead user acceptance testing (UAT) sessions, includes creating and executing test scripts as needed
- Clearly articulate and document business requirements
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands
- Gather and document end to end knowledge of the supported systems and processes
- Coordinate project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs
- Identify and manage production support tickets for incident and problem remediation, triage and resolution
- Assist in managing relationship with business partner with focus on driving satisfaction with IT services
- Incorporate usability and user interface needs when designing systems
- Ensures that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements are aligned with application features and functions
- Analyze discrepancies in service or performance, offering recommendations for updates or changes
- Ensure continuing operational quality by documenting bug fixes, enhancements and updates
- 4 to 6 years' experience as a Business Analyst.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Work experience with increasing responsibility and demonstrable leadership success
- Demonstrated analytical skills, especially in the areas of root-cause analysis and metrics driven productivity and effectiveness.
- Capable of working independently, a self-starter who performs initiatives that provide solutions for business requirements.
- Experience gathering and writing business and functional requirements
- Proven experience interfacing with customers and development teams
- Able to translate complex information into common terms
- Excellent communicator with strong business analysis and reporting skills
- Time management and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects
- High level of organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- SQL and database experience
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Automotive industry experience
- Agile and waterfall software development methodology experience
- Experience in working with offshore teams
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Service Now
- Experience or exposure to AWS or Cloud
Hybrid work environment - remote work possible two days per week
BA/BS or related experience
What we offer
The base salary range for this full-time position is $66500 - $95000 / year