December 3, 2023
About Our Company
Everything we do is connected to helping people get the medicine they need to feel better and live well. It’s meaningful work and we’ve been doing it for over 24 years.
In the pharmacy benefit management (PBM)industry, we’re different. We’re owned by 18 not-for-profit Blue Cross and Blue Shield health plans. This allows us to control costs and empower our employees to put members first. It’s a successful combination. We have the lowest pharmacy trend in the industry and serve 28+ million members throughout the US.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Serves as liaison between departmental team business owners, end users, IT, Claims and Clinical departments. Responds to ad hoc requests for support, reports and analysis. Supports departmental management team by providing trending and performance data. Supports special projects. Maintains and monitors reporting queues and requests (if appropriate), and internal share point sites. May participate in full life cycle development by performing requirements analysis, process development and design, and testing using development methodology. Collaborates with functional teams, as well as with IT business analysts and programmers to develop detailed design specifications according to standards.
- Develops and documents workflow, systems requirements, system impact analysis, systems design, process analysis and testing (including reasonableness checks) using software development methodology to provide efficient, cost-effective solutions as directed.
- Identifies impact of solutions on existing and future systems. May perform operational activities.
- Creates and maintains standard related reports to support operational and development needs.
- Manages reporting and requests for ad hoc reports to support sales, implementation, new product development, specials.
- Queries data warehouse and internal databases and prepares user friendly reports according to outlined requirements.
- Creates and maintains internal management tools and databases to support CQI, rates, workflow business rules and system configuration, reimbursement and document management requirements.
- Develops and maintains project plans.
- Manages small to medium sized projects, system enhancements impacting data management.
- Conducts root cause analyses, gathering data to pinpoint problem areas on which to focus, validating that the analysis is data driven, recommending and implementing solutions and evaluating those results, and implementing controls to monitor consistent use of the solution.
- Participates in design plans for implementation, produces user documentation and training materials. May conduct end user training.
- Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the current project's progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project; leads status meetings, creating agendas and documenting meeting minutes as needed.
- Identifies reporting needs based on system configuration and workflows and documents reporting requirements and testing of new reports in development prior to implementation to Production.
- Participates in initiatives or projects that support process improvements, leveraging new system capabilities or the integration of data/other applications into existing systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered., Bachelors
- Analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills.
- Proficient in using standard software.
- Knowledge of system process analysis and/or program management, estimating IT system development and testing.
What we offer
Potential pay for this position ranges from $46,570.00 - $69,850.00 based on experience and skills. Pay range may vary by 8% depending on applicant location.