December 4, 2023
About Our Company
At State Street, we partner with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing. Whether you are an asset manager, asset owner, alternative asset manager, insurance company, pension fund or official institution, you can rely on us to be focused on your challenges. We are committed to doing what it takes to help you perform better — now and in the future.
Job Description & Responsibilities
State Street is seeking a technical business analyst to support the Trade Processing Systems Team in our Irvine, CA office. You will work on enhancements for DNS (Delivery Notification System) application for our monthly software releases and new applications for various clients.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Gathering business requirements, analyzing the requirements, writing specifications for developers, creation of test plans and system integration testing according to State Street’s published Development Process Framework.
- Production support, monitoring of our systems during peak business volumes and quickly reacting to business needs while coordinating with technical staff to resolve technical issues.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- MBA, bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as IT Business analyst
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC
- Advanced knowledge of SQL: Sybase preferred
- Basic knowledge of UNIX
- Demonstrate ability to work well with different business users and stakeholders groups
- Gathering business requirements and writing functional specification documents
- Experience with multiple testing approaches: functional, regression, integration and user testing and testing automation tools
- Ability to coordinate with onshore/offshore developers
- Data mapping skills
- Gap/Comparative analysis
- Report analysis
- Basic understanding of XML is a plus
- Basic knowledge of SWIFT standards is a plus
- Aptitude for learning new things.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong troubleshooting skills
What we offer
$100,000 - $160,000 Annual