December 3, 2023
About Our Company
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger.
We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Technical Care team is a partner-facing team, responsible for executing tasks related to the intake of partner data, the management of data processing, and support for all partner data stakeholders post-implementation.
The Associate Director is a leader within the Technical Care data team. The primary responsibilities are special projects, ticket management, metrics monitoring and reporting. Potential also exists for managing a group of Technical Care Business Analysts. Special projects include, but are not limited to, process development for and maintenance of documentation, and validation of incoming data, and cross-department advocacy. In addition to individual responsibilities the Associate Director will ensure that work is correctly assigned to individual team members, that SLAs are adhered to, that roadblocks are escalated, and that both internal team members and partners are communicated with in a timely manner.
This role is based in Washington, D.C., Richmond, VA, or remotely for exceptional candidates.
- Collaborate with leadership and representatives from various functional areas within the organization to continuously improve the quality of service provided to our internal and external clients
- Understand policies, practices, trends, and technologies affecting the use of partner and student data/information
- Partner with internal stake holders to develop practices and processes to collect, standardize, sustain, secure, and continuously improve the quality of student data received from external sources to support company and partner programs and initiatives
- Monitor resources and assignments to ensure deadlines are met without sacrificing quality or engagement
- Resolve difficult and complex situations for win-win results
- Trouble-shoot challenging data scenarios
- Manage and develop any assigned direct reports to ensure execution of the department’s goals and objectives, setting clear expectations, instilling mutual accountability, coaching, developing, and recognizing results
- Promote a cohesive team culture
- Support the development and implementation of training protocols and tools for newly hired team members
- Train and supervise new team members
- Participate in other talent management activities for team members
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience, including 1 year in a role responsible for people or project outcomes
- Experience consulting, collaborating, communicating with internal or external clients, client support and technical communities
- Proven interpersonal, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Proven client focus, problem-solving and commitment to continuous improvement
- Experience managing challenging client relationships and senior leadership level relationships
- Knowledge of technology, including databases and/or web-based applications
- Institutional knowledge and experience with EAB partner data responsibilities
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and time management skills
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced, growth environment with accelerating priorities
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
What we offer
The anticipated starting salary range for this role is $67,500 - $90,000 per year. Actual salary varies due to factors that may include but not be limited to relevant experience, skills, and location. At EAB, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the starting salary range for their role.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.